Macon County Solid Waste Department
109 Sierra Drive
Franklin, NC 28734
For additional information pertaining to the Macon County Landfill (s), Recycling Facility, Baling Facility, and Convenience Centers, contact us:
Tele: (828) 349-2252
Fax: (828) 349-2185
General Information Contact:
Tele: (828) 349-2215
Three-year Update to the
Solid Waste Management Plan for
Macon County,Town of Franklin
and Town of Highlands
Macon County • Solid Waste Management
The Macon County Solid Waste Management Department
is comprised of several units:
Municipal Solid Waste Landfill located at 1448 Lakeside Drive, Franklin NC.
- Materials Recovery Facility located at 1448 Lakeside Drive, Franklin, NC.
- Recycling Facility (where recyclables are processed and shipped to end users), located at 1448 Lakeside Drive, Franklin, NC.
- Environmental Resource Center (a facility intended to promote environmental programs in Macon County ) located at 1624 Lakeside Drive, Franklin, NC.
- Transfer Station located at 1080 Rich Gap Road, Highlands, NC.
- Administrative Offices are located at 109 Sierra Drive, Franklin, NC. This facility houses the following personnel working for Solid Waste Management:
||M. Chris Stahl
|| (828) 349-2100
|| June Cassada
|S.W. Enforcement Officer
The long range planning goals established by the Solid Waste Management Plan are:
- To provide everyone in the community with waste reduction and recycling opportunities, disposal capacity and waste collection services.
- To inform and educate the public about the benefits and need for waste reduction and recycling.
- To meet establish local waste reduction goals.
- To protect Public Health and the environment.
- To increase the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the solid waste program.
- To decrease improper waste disposal.
*NOTICE: Per County Ordinance S 50.07(J), all hand off-loading vehicles must at the Landfill or Transfer Station one-half hour before the close of the normal operating day. Further, all vehicles must arrive at the Landfill or Transfer Station 15 minutes before posted closing times
The document is available here in Adobe PDF format